Church Notices - 28th October 2018
SERVICE THIS SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER 2018
9.00 am Morning Worship - Ms Lisa-Claire Garden - “Being hard pressed, going through suffering, and perseverance through suffering”.
Bible Readings: Joshua 14: 6 - 12; Romans 5: 1 - 5
9.00 am Youth and Navigators
Society Steward: Kobus van Staden
Door Stewards: Nola Teichmann and David Fynes-Clinton
Flowers: Arranged by Joan Pretorius in memory of Ben Pretorius
SERVICE NEXT SUNDAY 4 November 2018
9.00 am Morning Worship Service and Holy Communion - Rev Nardus Nel
After the service, an important Christmas Fair meeting.
Decisions will affect all store convenors.
Please come or send a representative.
Wed 31 Oct 5.30pm Pre-School Governing Body Meeting in the Breeze-Inn.
Sat 3 Nov 8.30am Fresh Expressions Training here.
Sat 10 Nov 9-12noon Planning Day for 2019.
Our new preaching series for the next few weeks is on the Gospel of Mark.
Sat 1 December 2018 from 8am -12noon
- Gifts are being wrapped.
- A Marimba Band has been booked.
- Books are being sorted and priced.
- Christmas Crackers are being planned.
- Toys are being knitted.
- Breakfast menus are being tasted.
- Jams and Preserves are being bottled.
- Christmas recipes are being tested.
- Sewing is being done.
- Children’s second-hand toys are being cleaned.
- Games are being planned.
- Christmas Cards are being made
Contact the church office on 033-3441202
Our prayers for those folk who are sick and in need:
Jenny Webster - came home on Thursday after a long stay in hospital for abdominal surgery. She and Ian are grateful for all the prayer support. Jenny has a long recovery ahead of her.
Bobby Minter - has aggravated an old neck injury and is in a lot of pain.
Margaret Fitzroy - needs oxygen most of the time and we pray this will help with her recovery.
Betty Parkin - continues to need rest for a full recovery from recent pneumonia.
John Murray - is on continuous medication for a recent stroke and heart attack.
Lettie Roberts - has ongoing pain in her hip. Following recent x-rays she will join an orthopaedic group at Greys Hospital soon.
Cornia de Villiers - daughter of Anna de Villiers, has been recovering at home following in-hospital treatment for a lung infection.
Zibusiso Sikhosana - son of Francina Mofokeng’s friend - neurologist says he does not need a brain op, but more tests are being done. They are thankful for your prayers.
Jannie Botha- Johanna Nel’s brother in Vereeniging - is putting on weight and is more mobile now. Continues with TB treatment is grateful for the prayer support.
Mike Coke - is having six weeks of radium therapy.
Di Jones – Di and Alan, as they cope with Di’s Huntingdon’s Chorea. Please pray for their children, Siaan and Gareth as well.
Our prayers for the elderly:
Betty Parkin Soekie Peel Frank & Maureen Moore
Louise Bremmer Dolf Roelofse Pam Boreham
Barry Dugmore Elsie Marshall Verity Smith
Yvonne Suttie Graham Palframan Peter & Norma Webster
Barbara Kerry Alison Peckham Elaine Joyner
GENERAL PRAYERS FOR :-
- Our local Police at the Prestbury Police Station: D/W/O P.A. Lemmer, W/O W.D. Ntuli, D/Cst S.S.T. Sibisi.
- All students who have started their final examinations and have concerns about future studies or employment.
Neville Westwood; Maureen Moore; Violet Ngcobo; Quinton (friend of Jacqui van Wyk); Darryl Moss; Daniel Singery (friend of the van Eeden family); Sasha (friend of Rae Todd); Anne (Lynn Gilbert’s sister), Leonie (Joan Els’ sister).
BIRTHDAYS CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR “OVER 75’s”
We wish Ruth Spencer a very happy birthday today and we also wish Norma Webster a Happy 91st Birthday for Thursday!
Anyone who is keen to help lead worship or sing in a choir, please come to church early on a Sunday morning (8.00am) to run through the songs and hymns for the service. Your help will be welcomed.
LIFT NEEDED TO CHURCH
One of our members, Zodwa Hadebe has moved to Armstrong Drive in Wembley and would be grateful for a lift to church on Sundays. Please contact her on 076-7120438.
LOOKING FOR A POSITION:
* Joey Hauslmeier’s daughter, Sieglinde is looking for a position as
Secretary or in Administration. Please contact her on 066-430 3574.
* Maudy Zindoma, Washington’s daughter is looking for employment in the financial industry. Contact Washington on 0828424284. A copy of her CV is available from the church office.
FOR YOUR HOME MAINTENANCE
1. Painting, welding, plumbing, paving, gutter cleaning, and garden service. Shelton Kabu is a qualified fitter (industrial) with a clean code 10 licence and PDP. Please contact his wife Winnie on 062-094 0429.
2. Theo, our car guard here at Prestbury Church, requires work 3 days a week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays as a gardener, painter or any general work. Please call or whatsapp him on 062-3262287.